Career Empowerment Academy
oneTRUEzone's Career Empowerment Academy has three parts. Students can participate in one or all.
- Become the Author of Your Life and Discover Your Best Career Path: This one-hour live or webinar-style workshop introduces students to the importance of knowing themselves and creating desired outcomes, both of which lead to finding the right career path. It includes a presentation with interactive activities. Students leave with a better understanding of the importance of knowing their gift, its value, and how it can be used to guide their pathway in college and career.
- Self-Discovery Program: This eight to ten-week online program is a deeper dive in to self-discovery and self-realization with direct coaching. Students meet for a weekly videoconference call (on Sunday or Tuesday nights) with a oneTRUEzone coach and up to ten of their peers. When they complete this 8-10 week program, they have a deeper understanding of themselves and their core gift, which will significantly help inform their decisions about their education and their future career path.
- Game Plan for Success (GPS) Live Career Exploration: With support from oneTRUEzone staff, this turn-key process gives students the tools and guidance necessary to successfully begin and implement a networking process for conducting informational interviews and securing internships as they explore career paths. Students of any background can learn the hidden secrets of building a network of professional contacts. They become independent and confident in speaking with adults and professionals while creating an exponentially larger network.
Main components of the Career Empowerment Academy include:
- About Me: Creating a personal profile. Includes identifying skills, talents and interests.
- Unlocking Your One Core Gift: Using a trademarked process to discover the two words that differentiate oneself from everyone..
- Finding What Energizes You: Facilitating a deeper look at what inspires students.
- Live Career Exploration: Identifying and exploring life experiences through meeting with seasoned professionals.
- Your Values, Passions, and Potential Work Environments: Exploring the connections among them.
- Building Your Empowerment Network: Employing our turnkey process of building a network.
- Preparing for an Interview: Preparing a portfolio with exact questions to ask.